An industry-leading company located in Irvine; CA is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Actuarial Intern to join their team.
In this role, the Actuarial Intern will be responsible for general technical work, including data preparation for pension valuations.
A key focus area for this position will be assisting with the day-to-day activity of assigned clients and other projects. Requires a strong work ethic, strong initiative, and ability to work independently.
- Analyze healthcare data and produce reports using spreadsheets and databases.
- Assist with research and marketing projects.
- Prepare presentations for staff and clients.
- Participate in “Lunch & Learn” training with experienced actuaries and partners in the firm.
- Actuarial funding valuations (corporate or public).
- Accounting valuations.
- Government forms preparation.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of materials for clients.
- Provide analysis and assistance on special projects.
- Provide input to actuary and/or consultant on appropriate steps to complete required work.
- Work with the consultant to understand how his or her work fits into the overall project.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Must be motivated with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Pursuing actuarial exams with goal of becoming an EA, ASA.
- Strong team player.
- Experience with Excel.
- Knowledge of database/statistical analysis language (SQL, SAS, or R).
- Knowledge or training in computer programming language.
Education & Certifications:
- Working towards or completing a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or another related field.
- Working towards successful completion of one or more Society of Actuaries (SOA) exams.
- College GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Expected graduation date no later than December 2024.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Financialcareers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Finance team Samantha or Lauren on LinkedIn or contact them at +1 480 604 8049
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.