Architectural Job Captain / Draftsperson
A reputable company based in Long Island is looking to hire a skilled and ambitious Architectural Job Captain / Draftsperson to join their team.
- Responsible for overseeing the actual drafting of the project and taking directions from the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager, principal and/or the Architect of Record.
- Perform measured field surveys of various properties throughout Nassau, Suffolk & 5 Boroughs.
- Prepare presentation drawings, renderings and sketches and interior design boards.
- Assist in developing project documents for bidding and construction.
- Responsible for the development and coordination of the drawings and specifications across the various departments and disciplines.
- Advise the Project Management Team when the drawings and specifications are complete and ready to be issued.
- Responsible for delivering the committed documents at the established deadlines and milestones.
- Delivery of proposals and project‐related documents to clients, agencies and municipalities.
- Provide support for any tasks required for the successful completion of the project.
- Is responsible for the accuracy of each segment of the work performed under his/her purview.
- Ability to function comfortably, gain trust, confidence and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals including consultants, contractors and N&P project team.
- Understanding of building codes and ADA compliance for successful completion of the project.
- Proven ability to function in all phases of project development from schematic design through construction administration.
- Working experience AutoCAD & MS Office required. Autodesk Architecture, Sketchup & Photoshop preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced design environment.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.