Associate Vice President (Water/Wastewater)
An industry-leading client of ours is currently looking for an experienced Associate Vice President (Water/Wastewater) to join their offices in Columbus, OH.
- Able to demonstrate an established career (15+ years’ experience) in water resources, stormwater management, water quality and TMDL implementation, wastewater collection and pumping, wastewater treatment, water distribution and storage, booster pump stations, water treatment, and/or flood management and controls.
- Experience in a wide range of projects including: water resources planning and design, water quantity and quality analyses, TMDLs, GIS, floodplain management, stormwater management, wastewater master planning, sewer system design, green infrastructure planning and design, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling for open waterways and closed storm and sanitary sewers, regulatory compliance, water and wastewater system studies/reports and associated design of improvements, and environmental services.
- The role will incorporate all aspects of being a Department Director including Business Development, Operations and Project Management.
- Responsible for marketing and growing the public sector business in the central and southern Ohio market with a focus on federal, state and local municipal clients in the water resources and environmental markets.
- Serve as Senior-level Project Manager, Project Principal and/or Peer Reviewer on key water, stormwater and wastewater projects.
- Development of specific strategies for increasing public sector Water Business market share across central and southern Ohio.
- Participating in Go/No Go decisions and developing Teaming Agreements/MOU’s for Teaming.
- Leading/assisting in identifying, tracking, positioning and pursuing major public sector project opportunities.
- Working with the company’s Business Line Director and Midwest Region Leader to identify and develop new capabilities and assisting in the recruitment of key personnel that would enhance the firm’s competitiveness and growth in the water business.
- Increasing PRIME AE’s visibility in the public sector water business through active participation in state and national organizations, and by performing high quality work.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of projects.
- Provide leadership, direction and technical guidance on water and wastewater projects.
- Assess the feasibility and soundness/validity of proposed engineering evaluations.
- Responsible for ensuring proper quality control procedures are implemented on all projects.
- Conduct peer reviews and make technical presentations.
- Identify potential clients and business opportunities.
- Assist/collaborate with the Marketing Department in regards to proposal writing and development.
- Lead, manage and mentor water resources staff.
- B.S Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in OH, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Minimum 15 years working as a Water Resources Engineer and Project Manager with at least (5) years of experience as a Department Lead/Manager for projects related to water, stormwater and wastewater system studies, water quality analyses, stormwater and sanitary sewer design, pump station design, water system design and wastewater system design.
- Proven experience in business development and track record of sales growth.
- Proven knowledge of and relationships with statewide clients, potential engineering partners, major contractors, specialty subcontractors and suppliers.
- Understanding of Teaming Agreements/MOUs and demonstrated ability for getting strategic and timely teaming agreements in place giving due regard to business considerations and risks.
- Experience working with local governments, including conducting public meetings and presentations.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.