An industry-leading company located in Baltimore, MD is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Bridge Designer to join their team.
In this role, we’ll count on you to:
- Apply structural engineering and detailing techniques.
- Work on projects that typically include bridge design (steel plate girder/rolled beam, prestressed concrete, and post-tensioned components) for highway and railway projects.
- Work with standard bridge engineering/design procedures, develop structural details using specialized structural design and analysis software, and perform structural load calculations and assist with geometric layout and quantity development.
- Perform design calculations, estimates, and specifications.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include
- Design and analysis of new and existing bridges, including rehabilitation design for transportation projects.
- Performing design calculations, developing plans and details/layouts using CAD, quantity take-offs, specification writing and other technical report writing.
- Participating in bridge condition inspections and inspections of other transportation-related structures, and inspection report preparation.
- Bridge load ratings.
- Construction Engineering (Demo/erections calculations, temporary shoring, falsework, etc.).
- Review of shop drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering.
- Engineering Intern or Engineer-in-training license.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Finite Element Methods (FEM) analysis experience is desired.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.