Project Controls Specialist
A technical environmental and infrastructure solutions Engineering firm is immediately seeking a career-driven Project Controls Specialist to join them in their Birmingham, AL office!
The purpose of this role is to implement consistent project control policies and procedures to support the company’s financial and strategic business goals.
The Project Controls Specialist’s Responsibilities:
- Support Project and Program Management personnel in ensuring proper scheduling, cost control, cost tracking and cost accounting for various projects aligning with the approved project Work Breakdown Structure, scope of work, schedule, and budget.
- Develop fully resource and cost-loaded project and program-level schedules.
- Establish, maintain, and report baseline and current schedule status in efforts to communicate clear, accurate and objective project and or program progress updates.
- Ensure all major milestones, and critical path activities are defined in accordance with the project/program timeline commitments.
- Analyze and report anticipated and current schedule status for communication to proactively focus management’s attention on known or potential areas of concern(s) or risk.
- Review Subcontracts Purchase Orders, and Change Requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in the implementation schedule and budget. Review Vendor Purchase Orders and Subcontracts and establish projected committed costs.
- Report monthly accruals, analyze and evaluate forecasts against established project cost baseline and report actuals to Management.
- Evaluate and report project-earned value metrics to Management.
- Ability to articulate and understand project-related risks and maintain risk register(s), for related projects.
- Assess the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages, and report schedule status to all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum 2 years of field construction experience preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of scheduling and cost control experience and 3-5 years of targeted planning and scheduling, project controls, cost management, cost loading processes, earned value analysis, time impact analysis, schedule risk analysis, and internal cost and schedule reporting.
- Experience using software programs such as Primavera P6, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Access.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or engineering
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.