Bridge Designer – Baltimore
An industry-leading company located in Baltimore, MD is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Bridge Designer to join their team.
In this role, we’ll count on you to:
- Apply structural engineering and detailing techniques.
- Work on projects that typically include bridge design (steel plate girder/rolled beam, prestressed concrete, and post-tensioned components) for highway and railway projects.
- Work with standard bridge engineering/design procedures, develop structural details using specialized structural design and analysis software, and perform structural load calculations and assist with geometric layout and quantity development.
- Perform design calculations, estimates, and specifications.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include
- Design and analysis of new and existing bridges, including rehabilitation design for transportation projects.
- Performing design calculations, developing plans and details/layouts using CAD, quantity take-offs, specification writing and other technical report writing.
- Participating in bridge condition inspections and inspections of other transportation-related structures, and inspection report preparation.
- Bridge load ratings.
- Construction Engineering (Demo/erections calculations, temporary shoring, falsework, etc.).
- Review of shop drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering.
- Engineering Intern or Engineer-in-training license.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Finite Element Methods (FEM) analysis experience is desired.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.