Civil Project Manager
An industry-leading company located in Charlotte, NC is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Civil Project Manager to join their team.
The Civil Project Manager will continue growing in their role while focusing on further developing skill sets in specific areas of managing projects, employees, and clients. As a prerequisite to obtaining this position, an individual has demonstrated proficiency in civil engineering design, project management, and leadership amongst co-workers, and has developed outstanding client contact skills. The Civil Project Manager is responsible and accountable for the overall success of the assigned civil engineering projects.
The Civil Project Manager will be expected to foster the mentorship of other Civil Project Coordinators and Civil Designers and demonstrate a strong sense of leadership amongst peers both internally to SW+ and externally to the public. This position will continue to seek mentorship from Civil Team Leaders to strengthen the project, employee and client management skill sets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate directly with Clients on project requirements and expectations, deliverables, agency regulations, scheduling and project deadlines
- Attend Project Coordination meetings with Clients, Project Team members, government agencies, and contractors
- Responsible for the preparation of Project Permitting Submittal Packages for Agency Reviews applications
- Assist Project Managers in the Due Diligence Research of a project and demonstrate the ability to identify potential risk factors
- Assist Project Managers in the review of site work bids from contractors related to Civil design projects
- Prepare and Review Project Technical Specifications
- Prepare and Compile Technical Reports related to the design of Civil Infrastructure (ie. Drainage Reports, Water Calcs, Project Narratives)
- Coordinate Project Workloads with other project team members.
- Make appropriate engineering design decisions independently. Bring solutions to engineering design issues and effectively communicate with Project Manager
- Prepare the Complete Design and permitting for a Pump Station serving a project
- Assist in the Construction Admin responsibilities of at least one (1) project that you were involved in throughout the entire course of construction (Pre-con thru Closeout)
- Coordinate directly with Clients, Contractors, and Government Agencies to provide solutions to field issues, review change orders and pay apps, evaluate asbuilts, and coordinate project closeout
- Evaluate and provide suggested solutions to problem-solving and troubleshooting issues arising in the field
- Engage in Community Involvement in at least one (1) Outside Organization that benefits the business development of SW+
- Participate in Continuing Education/ Lunch n’ Learn opportunities (at least 8 hours per year)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college/university required
- 5 – 10 years’ experience, previous Civil Engineering with a Civil Engineering design firm or construction-related experience highly desirable
- Must meet and exceed the expectations of a Civil Project Coordinator
- Taken Professional Engineer (P.E) Exam
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification required
- Basic Knowledge and Understanding of Project Proposals (Scope of Work, Permitting Process, Project Budget, and Project Schedule)
- Ability to Coordinate with outside consultants involved in the project (surveyors, traffic consultants, architects, geotechnical engineers, MEP engineers, wetland consultants, arborists, etc
- Developmental Time Management and Organization Skills
- Ability to Mentor fellow Civil Designers, Technicians, and Interns
- Demonstrate Ability and Proficiency in the Project Management of at least one (1) Civil Design Project from Kick-off to Closeout
- Demonstrate proficiency in Client Contact Skills and Effective Business Development
- Perform QA/QC reviews on civil design work and plan presentation. Expected to assist in the review of tasks prepared by Civil Designers, Technicians, and Interns before delivery of work product to the Civil Project Manager for review
- Manage and Assign Tasks to Civil Designers, Techs, and Interns in an efficient manner
- Prepare a complete set of construction documents for multiple project types in various jurisdictions with assistance from civil engineering staff
- Ability to review and comment on Final Plats, Roadway and Drainage asbuilts, Water and Sewer asbuilts provided by the contractor and surveyor
- Ability to coordinate asbuilt comments between the surveyor and contractor for any field items found during the asbuilt review
- Working know of the Closeout process and timeline
- Involvement in Companywide Strategic Initiatives and Committees
- A valid driver’s license
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.