Civil 3D Designer
We need Civil 3D Designer to draft civil engineering designs for roadways, water and sewage lines, drainage, and land grading specifications for commercial and residential building sites using maps and topographical surveys.
Civil designers primarily work in office environments and sometimes travel to proposed building sites. These professionals report directly to project engineers.
- You will be utilizing your skill set and working alongside Project Engineers, Technical Managers, and Project Managers to deliver high-quality designs
- Use Civil 3D to design plans and profiles of utilities, including using and creating pipe networks, editing and changing parts and styles, catch basin sizing/spacing and minimum cover, maintenance hole sizing/spacing and minimum cover, hydrant spacing, and creating waterlines in profile with deflection and exaggeration, per jurisdictional requirements
- Prepare and manage engineering plans and project documents
- Evaluate engineering alternatives and resolve technical issues
- Make independent assessments of engineering problems and recommend solutions to engineering discipline leads
- Plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost-effective, and compliant manner
- Review and draft rough sketches, drawings, redlines, etc. as provided by the Project Engineer and/or Designer
- Determine scale and perform mathematical calculations that require knowledge of geometry, algebra, trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions
- Follow Blueline design and CAD standards
- Create, edit, and label alignments, Civil 3D parcels, and corridors
- BS Degree from an accredited program in either Civil, Environmental, or Architectural Engineering or a related field
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience working with engineers and senior designers on land development projects
- 3-5+ years of experience in Civil Engineering including preparation of site plans for commercial and residential projects
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing multi-step tasks
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to visualize 3-dimensionally when given a 2-dimensional sketch
- Knowledge of both engineering delivery as well as the technology used by teams to deliver Civil related BIM workflows
- Detailed knowledge of model-based design (BIM) protocols, standards, and software
- Strong understanding of developing, supporting, and managing models per project standards
Locations: Tennessee, Florida, California, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, and Washington
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.