Civil Engineer (Highway)
We’re looking for a professional Civil Engineer (Highway) to oversee the design and construction of roads, bridges, waterways, sewage treatment plants, and other types of infrastructure.
Their duties include using software programs to design structural blueprints, adhering to construction laws and environmental constraints, and visiting construction sites to monitor the building process.
- Provides technical oversight and input on roadway geometry, traffic control, signing, pavement markings, and utility coordination
- Producing CADD design of contract drawings using Microstation and or AutoCAD Civil 3DPrepares technical specifications
- Work with the project team to develop construction cost estimates
- Evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project
- Provide immediate supervision and guidance to a group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals for accuracy and completeness; and maintaining schedules
- Perform a variety of tasks which may include designing and planning structures and facilities such as bridges, railroads, roads, airports, harbors, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, tunnels, power plants, and other projects
- Analyze proposed projects to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiency, and cost-effectiveness and may construct models to identify project specifications and meet related needs
- Proficient in relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, WaterCAD, and PondPack
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or a related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- FE / EIT Certification
Locations: Florida, California, Idaho, Georgia, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.