Civil Engineering CAD Designer
An industry-leading company located in San Marcos, TX is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Civil Engineering CAD Designer to join their team.
Civil CAD Designer will be responsible for efficiently producing site civil engineering and/or land development design plans. This position reports to the Civil Engineering Manager and works closely with the civil engineers and surveyors.
- Produce plans including paving, drainage, grading, water, wastewater, signage and marking plans for commercial and residential site development.
- Plan-profile drawings for public infrastructure improvement projects.
- Prepare drainage calculations, cut, and fill calculations, a survey “clean-up,” project coordination and attendance at meetings with clients and/or other consultants, site inspections, utility/record drawing research and permit processing through local government agencies as required.
- Visualize and plan the geographic representation of designs for land development-related projects including residential, commercial, and municipal.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D (Current Version) and associated programs.
- Perform basic design calculations.
- Work closely with Engineers and Surveyors to obtain project information and ensure drawings are accurate and complete.
- Work independently and as part of a team with direction from Engineers/Project Managers
- 3 years of computer-aided drafting (CAD) experience on site and/or land development projects is required.
- Experience in commercial & residential land development, including site improvement design, drainage, utilities, grading, etc.
Education & Certifications:
- high school diploma and technical school training with courses in computer-aided drafting or equivalent experience is required.
- EIT (Engineer in Training) certification or be within 1 year of obtaining a certificate.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.