Senior Mechanical Engineer
An industry-leading company located in Columbus, OH is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
- Project and Client management.
- Preparation of proposals and administering project contracts, including Add Service Agreements.
- Understand work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- Supervise staff or self-Perform the following; Understand the proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents and deliver appropriate documentation.
- Advanced heating and cooling load calculations with Trace or HAP.
- Develop air and water flows calculations.
- Sections and elevations of complex ductwork and piping areas.
- Equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
- Specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Modify sequences of operations for AHU’s, CHW and HW systems.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for all HVAC details.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Meet with contractors during the bid phase to review the design details.
- Respond to RFI’s for the project and accurately review submittals.
- Perform field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Understand both constant and variable flow systems, and properly apply equipment.
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for application.
- Use the psychrometric chart properly for any HVAC system.
- Review designs prepared by others as part of Osborn’s QA/QC process.
- Attend meetings with clients, authorities having jurisdiction, and other professionals as projects require.
- Conducting business development activities, participating in various trade organizations, and preparing or assisting with presentations.
- 10 – 20 years of Mechanical Design Experience in Consulting Engineering.
- Excellent Organizational and Communication skills.
- Proactive and Collaborative team member.
- Ability to work and manage several project teams concurrently.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Sports, Commercial, Public Sector, Industrial, Education, and/or Institutional projects.
- Working knowledge of Revit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Preferred.
- PE License preferred.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.