Construction Management & Inspection
An industry-leading company located in Columbia, Maryland is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Deputy Department Lead, Construction Management & Inspection to join their team.
- Seeking a Senior Manager to function in a Deputy Director role to support the needs of our Construction Management & Inspection Department for public sector clients throughout MD, DC, VA and other parts of the Mid-Atlantic Region.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide management, oversight and guidance for construction managers, inspectors, project engineers, schedulers, and other staff.
- Assist with recruiting, retaining, training, developing, and conducting performance reviews for CMI staff
- Manage client CMI contracts including acquiring task assignments and provide associated administrative/invoicing support
- Assist with proposal preparation by utilizing technical writing skills for task proposals, expressions of interest, and technical proposals
- Meet with potential new clients and perform marketing/business development activities for CMI services across our identified markets
- Develop relationships with other firms in the industry to facilitate teaming in pursuit of professional services contracts
- Pursue activity in industry/construction related organizations (ACEC, CMAA, etc.)
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- PE registration in Maryland/Virginia and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) designation
- 10+ years’ experience in Construction Project Management supporting transportation-related projects. CM experience supporting building/facility projects a plus
- Project/Contract management experience with MDOT SHA & MDTA highly desired; Experience with VDOT and/or Virginia counties/municipalities a plus
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong communication, presentation, written, and verbal skills
- Able to work effectively in a diverse setting
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.