Construction Management & Inspection
An industry-leading company located in Columbia, Maryland is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Deputy Department Lead, Construction Management & Inspection to join their team.
- Seeking a Senior Manager to function in a Deputy Director role to support the needs of our Construction Management & Inspection Department for public sector clients throughout MD, DC, VA and other parts of the Mid-Atlantic Region.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide management, oversight and guidance for construction managers, inspectors, project engineers, schedulers, and other staff.
- Assist with recruiting, retaining, training, developing, and conducting performance reviews for CMI staff
- Manage client CMI contracts including acquiring task assignments and provide associated administrative/invoicing support
- Assist with proposal preparation by utilizing technical writing skills for task proposals, expressions of interest, and technical proposals
- Meet with potential new clients and perform marketing/business development activities for CMI services across our identified markets
- Develop relationships with other firms in the industry to facilitate teaming in pursuit of professional services contracts
- Pursue activity in industry/construction related organizations (ACEC, CMAA, etc.)
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- PE registration in Maryland/Virginia and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) designation
- 10+ years’ experience in Construction Project Management supporting transportation-related projects. CM experience supporting building/facility projects a plus
- Project/Contract management experience with MDOT SHA & MDTA highly desired; Experience with VDOT and/or Virginia counties/municipalities a plus
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong communication, presentation, written, and verbal skills
- Able to work effectively in a diverse setting
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.