Corporate Tax Director
An industry-leading company Tax Services Group located in California; USA is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Corporate Tax Director to join their team.
In this role, the Corporate Tax Director be responsible for tax accounting assistance, tax compliance, and tax consulting.
A key focus area for this position will entail preparation and review of income tax provision calculations, income tax return preparation and review, assistance with day-to-day federal, state, and international tax matters that may arise, and the identification, design, and implementation of tax planning strategies.
- Prepare and review income tax provisions pursuant to ASC 740.
- Provide tax provision and tax compliance services for a variety of corporate clients, from start-up ventures to Fortune 500 multi-national businesses.
- Serve as the primary client service contact for a portfolio of clients; proactively recognize opportunities to provide additional services.
- Manage the delivery of accounting services to ensure technical accuracy and high-quality work product within budgetary and time constraints.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on tax law, trends, and developments; obtain deep technical expertise in the area of accounting for income taxes.
- Lead and manage teams of tax professionals:
- Participate in the mentoring and development of team members; Be actively involved in team recruiting, training, and retention.
- Assist in administrative and operational initiatives as assigned by firm leadership.
- Managing client engagements from start to finish which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects, managing the budget, meeting deadlines and client expectations.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and junior associates on client engagements and technical issues.
- Identify and implement tax planning and consulting opportunities.
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy, tax savings opportunities and compliance with tax law.
- Prepare complex tax returns and prepare tax payments, as needed.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Research the implications of tax laws to discuss with Partners and advise clients on tax-related issues.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and imagination on approaching work.
- Facilitates in-house training.
- Develops and maintains expertise in the taxation area, responsible to keep staff in the firm informed of changes and developments in the taxation area.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university & licensed CPA in their home office state.
- Proven success supervising complete engagements and demonstrated technical proficiency in preparing and reviewing income tax return work papers in accordance with U.S. Federal, State, and Local income tax laws; advising clients regarding tax strategies; preparing and reviewing corporate tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 standards and other guidance under U.S. GAAP.
- Motivated, quick learner with strong communication skills and demonstrated professionalism.
- A minimum of ten years recent Corporate Tax experience and have obtained the title of “senior manager” or similar designation.
- Individuals must be eligible to work in the U.S.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Financialcareers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Finance team Samantha or Lauren on LinkedIn or contact them at +1 480 604 8049
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.