Senior Project Surveyor
An industry-leading company located in Crystal Lake, IL is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Project Surveyor to join their team.
- Gathers field survey data through the use of conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods; locates and determines land by measuring and calculating points, elevations, lines, angles, areas, and contours.
- Sets up, operates and adjusts all types of survey equipment, including a digital level, electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment.
- Performs field surveying for a wide and diverse range of projects such as topographic, ALTA, boundary, and construction, including installing construction stakes, and locating or establishing vertical and horizontal control, right of way, monuments, corners, boundaries, and parcel lines.
- Prepares field notes and drawings.
- Trains other crew members on the latest technology in surveying equipment and finds new and innovative ways of doing surveys.
- Completes projects in a timely, efficient, and effective manner within deadlines and budgets.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with clients, engineers, developers, contractors, and the general public.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Other Duties May include:
- Assigning, prioritizing, scheduling, and delegating work.
- Explain technical concepts to others with diverse levels of technical expertise.
- Provide constructive feedback; direct, train, and evaluate the performance of staff.
- Read and interpret engineering plans.
- Research existing record information, including record maps, plans, deeds, easements, and right-of-way documents; and maintains field data records, and survey project files.
- Analyze and adjust mathematical computations such as distances, traverses, and elevations.
- Conduct field visits and inspections at construction sites and a wide variety of outdoor locations by safely navigating all types of terrain, potentially hazardous sites, and in all weather conditions.
- Quantity Computation
- Plan Preparation
- Field Data Collection
- Minimum of a High School diploma. Associate Degree in Land Surveying or related curriculum preferred.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds or more (including opening manholes of various sizes and shapes).
- Must be able to walk and stand for an entire day.
- CST (Certified Survey Technician I-IV) accreditation is a plus.
- Trimble Access and Spectra Precision Survey Pro experience is a plus.
- AutoCAD Civil 3d and/or MicroStation experience is a plus.
- A current, valid Illinois or Wisconsin driver’s license at the time of appointment and maintained always thereafter to operate a vehicle on company business
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel throughout northeast Illinois and southeast Wisconsin areas.
- Strong math, written, verbal, and organizational skills.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.