Senior Water Resources Engineer
An industry-leading company located in Denver, CO is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Water Resources Engineer to join their team.
- Senior Water Resources Engineer (10+ years of experience).
- The successful applicant will become part of a dynamic water resources engineering team that works predominantly in the mining and hydropower industries.
- This position will focus on surface water related technical analyses and modeling, including water balance and dam breach studies.
- The applicant must have the ambition to expand the scope of his/her current expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply and present a demonstrated knowledge of the mining, hydropower, and dams industries.
- Apply and present a demonstrated knowledge of water resources and civil engineering to develop safe, economical, and innovative solutions to water management issues.
- Participate as a productive and valued member of larger teams, including the internal Water Resources and Environmental Group, project-specific, and external client teams.
- Complete surface water related technical analyses and modeling; including, but not limited to, climatic, hydrologic, hydraulic, sediment yield and transport, water balance, and dam breach evaluations.
- A robust understanding of, and personal experience with, the following software packages is required – FLO-2D, RiverFlow2D, GoldSim, HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS.
- Direct, oversee, and review technical analyses, calculations, and modeling by less experienced staff.
- Be responsible for the development of civil designs of water management infrastructure.
- Conduct technical and proposal writing and document preparation.
- Conduct site visits for inspections and meetings. This will include travel to domestic and international destinations.
- Assist management with the company’s marketing efforts, including maintaining existing clients and developing new clients through a team approach that is focused on networking and business development initiatives. Investigate, assess, and assist in securing work assignments.
An Ideal Candidate:
- A Senior Water Resources Engineer with robust experience in the surface water related aspects of Water Resources and, specifically, mine water balance and dam breach studies;
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Civil Engineering; Professional Engineer registration (or eligibility for registration); and 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- A robust understanding of, and personal experience with, the following software packages is required at a minimum – FLO-2D, RiverFlow2D, and GoldSim.
- A strong ability to analyze and model complex systems then document and present the information in an organized, inclusive, and concise manner.
- This position will include work in both an office and field environment.
- Travel to domestic and international destinations will be required.
- Adherence to safety standards including those of MSHA, and OSHA is mandatory.
- In accordance with Colorado state law, the following Annual compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $91,000 – 120,000/year. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.
- 401(k) / Roth 401(k)
- Health insurance – including Prescription drugs,
- Dental insurance,
- Vision insurance,
- Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement),
- Health Savings account (HSA),
- Short and long-term disability,
- Life insurance,
- Wellness and employee assistance programs,
- Flexible work schedule,
- Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday),
- Professional development assistance,
- Employee referral bonus,
- Transit benefit program, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.