Electrical Engineer – Austin, TX
A well-known firm located in Austin, TX is currently looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their team of professionals.
- Electrical design experience in commercial/retail projects such as office space, high-rise tenant improvement, retail, food and beverage, hotel, grocery store, higher education, gas stations, etc.
- Define and prepare hazardous area classification plans.
- Collaborate with clients, architects, vendors, contractors, and team members.
- Review and apply applicable code requirements.
- Evaluate various design approaches to recommend the best course of action.
- Design power distribution systems and perform associated calculations.
- Lead design efforts for the preparation of construction documents, performing drafting and/or coordinating production with drafters.
- Assemble and prepare specifications.
- Design lighting and lighting control systems, including performing lighting photometry calculations.
- Attend site surveys, field inspections and measurements, design meetings, and CA site visits. Review submittals, and RFIs, and compile record documents.
- Facilitate and work in Revit Building Information Modeling (BIM) software
- Design fire alarms, low voltage pathways, lightning protection, grounding, and all other systems associated with the electrical design.
- 12+ years experience as an electrical engineer including experience with the design, layout, and sizing of building electrical equipment is required.
- BSEE from an accredited university (EIT Preferred). Degree requirements may be substituted with years of experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD software and Autodesk Revit.
- Proficiency in SKM or ETAP software and the ability to perform short circuits, coordination, and arc flash hazard studies.
- Lighting design using AGI32 software.
- Advanced MS Office skills: Word and Excel are required; PowerPoint and Access are preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- A strong understanding of and the ability to apply the National Electrical Code (NEC), NFPA 101, NFPA 72, and local building and energy codes is required.
- Understanding of power, lighting, communication, and fire alarm systems is required.
- Applied understanding of fuel system design and hazardous area classification is required.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.