Electrical Engineer – Austin, TX
A well-known firm located in Austin, TX is currently looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their team of professionals.
- Electrical design experience in commercial/retail projects such as office space, high-rise tenant improvement, retail, food and beverage, hotel, grocery store, higher education, gas stations, etc.
- Define and prepare hazardous area classification plans.
- Collaborate with clients, architects, vendors, contractors, and team members.
- Review and apply applicable code requirements.
- Evaluate various design approaches to recommend the best course of action.
- Design power distribution systems and perform associated calculations.
- Lead design efforts for the preparation of construction documents, performing drafting and/or coordinating production with drafters.
- Assemble and prepare specifications.
- Design lighting and lighting control systems, including performing lighting photometry calculations.
- Attend site surveys, field inspections and measurements, design meetings, and CA site visits. Review submittals, and RFIs, and compile record documents.
- Facilitate and work in Revit Building Information Modeling (BIM) software
- Design fire alarms, low voltage pathways, lightning protection, grounding, and all other systems associated with the electrical design.
- 12+ years experience as an electrical engineer including experience with the design, layout, and sizing of building electrical equipment is required.
- BSEE from an accredited university (EIT Preferred). Degree requirements may be substituted with years of experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD software and Autodesk Revit.
- Proficiency in SKM or ETAP software and the ability to perform short circuits, coordination, and arc flash hazard studies.
- Lighting design using AGI32 software.
- Advanced MS Office skills: Word and Excel are required; PowerPoint and Access are preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- A strong understanding of and the ability to apply the National Electrical Code (NEC), NFPA 101, NFPA 72, and local building and energy codes is required.
- Understanding of power, lighting, communication, and fire alarm systems is required.
- Applied understanding of fuel system design and hazardous area classification is required.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.