Civil Project Manager
A leading consulting engineering firm providing site/civil, planning, geotechnical and environmental services is immediately seeking a highly motivated Civil Project Manager in Elmwood Park, NJ to join their team!
In this role, the Civil Project Manager will be responsible for supervising the development of complex projects while observing pre-determined conditions (cost, quality, safety, timelines). A key focus area for this position will entail defining the project’s specifications, planning its implementation, and drawing up its budget.
In this role, the Civil Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Both technical and financial aspects and coordinating the work of the various participants involved.
- Ensuring that the development methods, timelines, and costs are observed during each phase of the process.
- Serving as primary contact for our clients and responsible for ensuring that the contracted services are provided in a timely and professional manner.
- Identifying unanticipated tasks that can increase the cost of the project or delay meeting the assigned schedule.
- Monitoring the progress of the project.
- Interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments.
- Establishing the project budget, tracking the actual project expenditures against the forecast expenditures and will implement corrective action as needed.
- Preparing cost-to-complete estimates to determine whether the project can be completed within the assigned budget.
- Assuring that all internal project quality assurance procedures are followed.
- Applying a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to the variety of aspects affecting the firm.
- Supervising a staff of engineers and technicians.
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple major projects.
- Marketing, budgeting, financial management, schedule coordination and resource allocation.
- Performing preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of staff or project engineers, and CAD operators.
- Proven ability to identify, develop and mentor talent.
- Effectively manage projects from concept through completion.
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field (Master’s preferred)
- PE License in the State of NJ or NY.
- 15+ years of engineering management experience.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.