Senior Tax Accountant
One of our clients in Encino, CA is currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant (CPA) with at least 7 years of experience from a mid to large sized local firm with business accounting and tax experience to join their firm. This position will involve reviewing and adjusting the accounting prepared by their clients and preparing tax returns for Partnership, S‐Corporation, Individual, and Trust Tax Returns. This client’s largest client base is in the real estate industry and experience in this area is preferred.
- Prepare and review accounting and workpapers through trial balance in advance of tax return preparation;
- Work effectively with partners and all team members to develop solutions for our clients’ needs;
- Direct contact with clients;
- Provide tax planning and special projects that require analysis, judgment and creative thinking;
- Maintain an understanding on relevant multi state tax and foreign compliance policies;
- Keep up with industry best practices and tax law updates;
- Assist in federal and state tax audits;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field;
- Certified Public Accountant designation;
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in public accounting
- Experience with partnership tax matters, including capital account maintenance under the 704(b) regs, 1031 exchanges, 754 elections, section 163(j) and 199A;
- Experience and strong proficiency in Excel and a paperless office experience;
- Software experience in the following areas is desirable: Lacerte, QuickBooks and CCH Engagement.
- You will be paid overtime for all hours worked in excess of 40 hours per week;
- Ability to work from home full time, but some in‐house time is preferred; you will be provided a computer to use at home;
- This position is eligible for annual bonuses depending on firm profitability and individual & team performance – baseline bonus is equal to 50% of tax season overtime;
- 401(k) Retirement plan with employer contribution of 3% of wages;
- Generous Paid Time Off program;
- Company subsidized health Insurance.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Financialcareers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Finance team Caitlin, Samantha, Erin or Lauren on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.