An engineering and environmental consulting services firm in Salt Lake City, Utah is immediately seeking an energetic and highly motivated Field Geologist to join their team!
In this role, the Field Geologist will be part of an innovative geotechnical engineering team. A key focus area for this position will entail assisting with the execution and management of geotechnical engineering projects related to renewable energy.
In this role, the Field Geologist will be responsible for:
- Perform drilling observation.
- Responsible for the safe, efficient, and accurate operation of instrumentation installation and monitoring.
- Perform field investigations as well as contractor coordination.
- Responsible for geotechnical investigations and observations, cost estimation, and proposal development.
- On-site investigation tasks may include classifying soil and rock samples, collecting samples for field screening and laboratory analysis, and field electrical resistivity testing.
- Preparation of drilling logs, geological maps, cross-sections, and technical reports.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experience with construction materials testing.
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively in a high-energy team environment.
- Enjoy working outdoors and travelling for extended periods of time.
- Able to perform physically demanding tasks.
- Previous field experience is an asset.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in geology or related degree.
- Academic coursework directly related to the job responsibilities.
- 4+ years’ experience.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.