An industry-leading company located in West Palm Beach, Florida is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Chief Estimator to join their team.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a staff of trusted advisors for our clients in the fields of construction cost estimating, about the changing estimating discipline, economic trends, technological innovations, and other factors that affect the construction industry.
- Reduce the risk to The Weitz Company and the client by ensuring that all project estimates are subjected to the appropriate management review.
- Reviews will provide for a thorough understanding of all budgets and estimates and how they were developed, including trade pricing, productivity, and overall risk analysis.
- Set and enforce policies and procedures necessary for the operation of the regional estimating department.
- Effectively manages and assigns workloads to direct reports to take advantage of strengths of staff, training opportunities, and development of a strong and consistent department ensuring outstanding customer service is delivered through our PDE services on all projects.
- Foster employee engagement and growth by ensuring all direct reports have development plans and provide for appropriate training and guidance, which benefits both the individual and the company.
- Complete performance appraisal for all direct reports annually and discuss his/her specific role profile as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Education: High school degree is required. An industry-related college degree is preferred.
- Experience: Ten years of estimating experience as well as a proven history of leading, teaching, developing, and mentoring others is required for this position. Must be able to effectively manage and lead a large staff.
- Skills: This position requires business acumen, judgment, communication, leadership, client relations, negotiations, construction knowledge, decision-making, conflict resolution, creativity, organization skills, analytical thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit to be successful. Solid systems experience with company estimating and project management software is preferred.
- Technology: Candidate should be familiar or proficient in On Screen Takeoff, WinEst, Bluebeam, Revit, and other estimating software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with: Jovelyn Elenzano, Elizabeth Dominguez, Cassandra Fuller or Mindi Leach on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.