Forensic Structural Engineer
An industry-leading client of ours is looking for the expertise of an experienced and highly-skilled Forensic Structural Engineer to join their team of professionals.
- perform forensic investigations and analyses
- structural design services.
- The Forensic Engineer will dedicate most of their time to forensic duties.
- They will personally perform engineering services as well as oversee graduate engineers and project managers; services include soil-structure interactions, the performance of structural systems, evaluations of building envelopes, determination of cause, origin, and extent of peril damage, and many other areas of forensic analysis.
- Soil-structure interaction assessments include claims relating to design, construction, historic/current side effects, and moisture source influences.
- Structural system assessments include claims relating to current or latent design and construction issues.
- Building envelope assessments include claims relating to roof coverings, veneers, flashing, and weather-resistive barriers.
- Peril assessments include claims relating to hurricane damage, tornado damage, lightning strikes, earthquakes, explosions, fire damage, and vehicle-structure collisions.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to perform on-site data collection and observations, review documents, and prepare a written report. PSE primarily operates in the Dallas/Fort Worth area; however, its engineers regularly perform investigations throughout all parts of Texas and Oklahoma. PSE’s staff of professional engineers collectively maintains licensure in sixteen states (AL, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, HI, LA, MS, NM, NC, OK, PA, SC, & TX).
- Candidate must be willing to travel on assignments throughout these states.
- Texas Licensed Professional Engineer (by exam) or the ability to become licensed within six months in structural design and forensic engineering.
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain Professional Engineer licenses in additional states as needed.
- A master’s degree in a related field is preferred, but it is not required.
- Candidates must have an NCEES record or the ability to obtain one within six months.
- Candidates must possess a strong understanding of building materials, residential and commercial construction, and building codes as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates should be adaptable and self-motivated while also possessing strong analytical skills.
- Functioning as a positive team member is of paramount importance.
- Lastly, candidates must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.