Geo Tech Construction Inspector
An Industry-leading Engineering client is looking for a Geo Tech Construction Inspector to join their team in East Chicago, IN.
- Conducting site inspections and monitoring progress/conformance to specs and procedures
- Directing drilling of wells and borings
- Overseas the installation of monitoring wells
- Collection of soil and groundwater samples
- Leading concrete and rebar inspection testing
- Preparing samples for laboratory testing of unapproved substances
- Performing laboratory tests to determine design parameters
- Classifying soils according to types
- Preparing geological reports and maps, interpreting data and recommending further action
- Determining direction of groundwater flow
- Preparing interim and completion reports
- Participation in decision making in research priorities
- Designing some parts of the project
- Leading of junior staff by providing guidance
- Direct tasks as needed
- Identifying new project opportunities and opportunities to promote the company’s services.
- Ability to review plans and sites including grading, utility, foundation, details, structural, drawings, architectural, grading, federal, state and local regulations
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 0-3 years of site civil or geotechnical engineering experience
- Previous internship preferred
- Experience with inspection of compacted files, footing, ground improvements, deep foundations and concrete.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
- Engineer in training (EIT) and able to become registered in the next 6 months
- Valid drivers license and reliable transport
- ACI/NICET/NJ DCA Special Inspector and Nuclear Densometer certification a plus
- Proficiency or familiarity with AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D, NitroPro, GSLOPE, KeyWall, MS Word, Excel, Adobe.
- Ability to use tools such as lump hammer, shovel, hand auger, Nuclear Density Gauge, etc
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid life insurance
- 401k program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid membership dues
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.