Geo Tech Construction Inspector
An Industry-leading Engineering client is looking for a Geo Tech Construction Inspector to join their team in East Chicago, IN.
- Conducting site inspections and monitoring progress/conformance to specs and procedures
- Directing drilling of wells and borings
- Overseas the installation of monitoring wells
- Collection of soil and groundwater samples
- Leading concrete and rebar inspection testing
- Preparing samples for laboratory testing of unapproved substances
- Performing laboratory tests to determine design parameters
- Classifying soils according to types
- Preparing geological reports and maps, interpreting data and recommending further action
- Determining direction of groundwater flow
- Preparing interim and completion reports
- Participation in decision making in research priorities
- Designing some parts of the project
- Leading of junior staff by providing guidance
- Direct tasks as needed
- Identifying new project opportunities and opportunities to promote the company’s services.
- Ability to review plans and sites including grading, utility, foundation, details, structural, drawings, architectural, grading, federal, state and local regulations
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 0-3 years of site civil or geotechnical engineering experience
- Previous internship preferred
- Experience with inspection of compacted files, footing, ground improvements, deep foundations and concrete.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
- Engineer in training (EIT) and able to become registered in the next 6 months
- Valid drivers license and reliable transport
- ACI/NICET/NJ DCA Special Inspector and Nuclear Densometer certification a plus
- Proficiency or familiarity with AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D, NitroPro, GSLOPE, KeyWall, MS Word, Excel, Adobe.
- Ability to use tools such as lump hammer, shovel, hand auger, Nuclear Density Gauge, etc
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid life insurance
- 401k program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid membership dues
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.