We are looking to hire a Geologist to join our team of professionals. The successful applicant will undertake technical and scientific analysis of rock, soil, groundwater and other conditions to determine the likely impact that major construction developments will have on sites.
- Assist with geologic and hydrologic studies, including fieldwork, and other hydrologic, geologic, and geophysical tasks both locally and nationally
- Conduct analyses to develop design options or recommendations, and assist in the preparation of service deliverable documents
- Perform assignments requiring the application of moderately complex objectives and limited variables
- Work independently on medium-size projects or assist more-senior scientists on larger projects
- Work in conjunction with other geologists and engineers to complete engineering design and construction projects
- Performing outdoor, all-season, on-site geotechnical and geological investigation work as well as geotechnical-related construction monitoring field tasks such as fill construction, foundation installation observation and testing
- Conducting subsurface geotechnical and geologic investigations in connection with building, infrastructure and other development projects
- Performing field geologic explorations including soil and bedrock mapping
- Performing field permeability testing and evaluations for infiltration facilities
- Writing drafts of field reports and geotechnical and geologic reports
- Providing geotechnical monitoring and using instrumentation to record vibrations, settlements, slope movements, water levels, and other critical geotechnical engineering data
- Minimum five (5) years of related work experience (geology and/or engineering geology)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in a technically related field such as Architecture, engineering, environmental science, geology, hydrology, chemistry, industrial hygiene or other.
- Professional Registrations/Certifications
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, standards, codes, and guidance.
Locations: Ohio, California, Washington, Colorado, Texas, and Florida
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.