A leading firm is immediately seeking a highly motivated Superintendent to join their team in Honolulu, Hawaii!
In this role, the Superintendent’s typical duties will include:
- Supervises and trains foreman, irrigation technician and other employees in the maintenance department.
- Prepares weekly schedules for the foreman, irrigation staff and other employees in the maintenance department.
- Monitors inventory of all maintenance equipment and the use of the equipment, preventative maintenance schedule, and safety training.
- Works closely with Superintendent in managing annual budget and maintenance recordkeeping.
- Works closely with Superintendent in preparing short-term and long-term agronomic strategies to maintenance of the golf course daily, weekly, monthly and yearly fertilization, irrigation, etc. schedules.
- Calibrates and operates pesticide sprayers.
- Institute and implement all Troon Human Resources guidelines.
- Assists Superintendent in informing members about present and future maintenance activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- 3+ years of turf grass management experience preferred. Supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense management.
- Must possess basic computer skills – Word and Excel.
- Strong business aptitude and passion for the golf business.
- Highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to obtain a State of Hawaii Restricted Use Pesticide license within 6 months of hire.
Education & Certifications:
- A four-year college degree preferred, but not required
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.