An industry-leading company located in Washington DC is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Structural Engineer to join their team.
The Structural Engineer will be expected to conduct structural evaluations, design, and investigative projects; complete and review analysis and design calculations; execute and manage the preparation of drawings and specifications; manage project budgets and schedules; assist with mentoring of junior staff; Interact with clients; and manage construction projects.
- Work on a wide range of structural-engineering analysis and design projects involving steel, concrete, masonry, and wood structures.
- Implement design or analysis tasks using a variety of building codes.
- Assist in the preparation of drawings and specifications.
- Execute the construction-administration phase of projects, including bid assistance, submittal review, site meetings, observations of completed work, etc.
- Plan and conduct site investigations to document existing conditions.
- Help mentor and develop less experienced engineers.
- Interact with the client within the context of project work.
- Pursue professional activities to gain professional recognition.
- Interest and ability to co-publish articles/papers.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in structural analysis and design of concrete, steel, masonry, and wood frame structures.
- Proficiency with the behaviour and performance of materials.
- Structural Engineering License.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proficient in writing and editing project specifications, technical reports, field reports, project correspondence, and proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient with computer analysis software (e.g., ETABS, SAP, RISA, RAM, SAFE, etc.)
- Ability to work in and review work in AutoCAD or Revit. Experience with Rhino, Sketchup, Solidworks, or similar programs is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office suite software
- Ability to travel to remote job sites not accessible by public transportation, and if applicable, an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
Education & Certifications:
- MS in Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team, Monique Marais, Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.