Structural Project Manager
A full spectrum Engineering and Surveying firm is immediately seeking a highly motivated Structural Project Manager to join their team in Houston, TX!
The ideal candidate should have considerable experience with a variety of structural systems and market sectors including the design of conventionally reinforced and post-tensioned concrete, steel structural systems and stick-built wood-bearing wall construction experience (cold-formed steel construction is a plus) for multi-family, mixed-use, commercial, institutional, hospitality and industrial facilities.
The Structural Project Manager’s Responsibilities:
- Manage structural projects including conceptual design, final design, and coordination with design teams.
- Coordinate construction phase services including scheduling of site visits, shop drawing review, and responses to RFI’s.
- Prepare reports and proposals; writing and communication skills will be important characteristics in the successful candidate.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design approach for large or complex projects and has overall responsibility for the schedule on all assigned projects.
- Supervises assigned engineering and support personnel.
- Interacts with clients, officials, etc.; represents the company and maintains liaison with individuals and related organizations.
Key Experiences and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Architectural Engineering, with structural concentration. Master’s degree with an emphasis in Structural Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer License Required.
- SE Licensure a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Structural design & plans production.
- Land Development and/or public works-related structural projects including bridges, water/wastewater plants, misc. structures experience required.
- Well-versed in structural analysis programs such as RISA, STAAD, and/or MIDAS.
- Forward-looking, a proactive planner with proven ability to effectively manage multiple project assignments.
- Strong leadership abilities, including a commitment to training and mentoring of others.
- Willingness to adapt to the firm operational and technical standards and policies.
- Proven ability to build relationships with clients, co-workers, and contractors.
- Experience with project construction document quality control.
- Good understanding of the architectural design process.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.