Transportation Civil Engineer
An industry-leading company located in Houston, TX is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Transportation Civil Engineer to join their team.
In this role, the Transportation Civil Engineer will be responsible for creating roadway designs for the state, county and local transportation agencies using their local county roadway design experience with knowledge of local County design standards.
- Prepare proposals construction plans, design calculations, specifications, bid documents, and cost estimates
- Prepare horizontal and vertical alignments, design cross sections, prepare roadway plan and profiles sheets, typical sections, traffic control plans, storm sewer plan and profiles, and performing quantity take-offs
- Performing drainage design calculations, including sizing storm sewer systems, computing inlet hydraulics, designing detention basins and restrictors.
- Experience with HEC-RAS and HEC-HMS is a plus
- Strong professional work ethic; positive attitude and strong leadership skills; capable of working independently or managing a design team
- Excellent communication skills with project team, government agencies and clients
- Ability to efficiently utilize time in completing tasks accurately, on schedule and within budget
- Supervise all staff necessary to complete assignments
- Highway design experience is a plus, as is knowledge of the TxDOT Roadway Design Manual.
- 10 years minimum design experience (ASCE Grade 5)
- Familiarity using Autodesk, Civil 3D, MicroStation, GEOPAK, and OpenRoads is preferred
- Must be proficient with MS Office software
- Proficiency with MicroStation or AutoCAD
Education & Certifications:
- Licensed Texas Professional Engineer
- TxDOT Pre-Certifications
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.