A leading Civil Engineering & Architecture firm is immediately seeking a highly motivated Structural Engineer to join their team in Huntsville, AL!
The Structural Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Performs assignments designed to continue to develop professional engineering knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Responsible for the preparation of project specific construction specifications and construction administration.
- Applies standard practices, engineering fundamentals, and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, and follows design through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from engineers and architects.
- Visits sites to make observations, measurements, images, and records of conditions at existing facilities and/or buildings in various stages of construction.
- Reviews, monitors, reports progress, and performs other construction administration duties per the contract documents.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering calculations and design.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, AutoCAD, REVIT, STAAD, TEDDS and Adobe Acrobat.
- Instructs drafters and designers to convey the structural design in the construction documents.
- Performs checking and quality control procedures of one’s own work and the work prepared by drafters, designers, and engineers.
- Assists in instructing, leading, coordinating, and mentoring drafters, designers, and engineers (Levels I, II, III and IV).
- Assists in preparing design budgets, marketing proposals and cost estimates.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
- Responsible for meeting project schedules, timely completion, and quality of assigned projects.
- Promotes communications, cooperation and quality among discipline and team members.
- 6+ of experience as a Structural Engineer.
- Working knowledge of REVIT, AutoCAD, STAAD, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PE Required
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.