An industry-leading company located in Des Moines, Iowa is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Estimator to join their team
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
What You’ll Do:
- Review all estimates for accuracy, detail and expectations
- Contact local building trades, subcontractors, suppliers, government offices, etc. to understand and verify local market conditions, trade practices and costs
- Analyze manpower and equipment requirements for specific self-perform operations
- Understand the impact of general conditions and contract language; review with project team
- Coordinate building systems and schedules with Operations to plan and budget for safety on each project
- Utilize conceptual estimating skills and identify items required for complete systems, even if not outlined on construction documents
- Make decisions in a timely manner; understand when to involve upper management in decisions; assess level of risk and consequences associated
- Understand the clients’ needs to manage the process efficiently, ensure timely completion, understand local logistics/subcontractor and supplier market, and how BIM/LEED/LEAN can be best utilized
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Business travel will be required
What We’re Looking For:
- Education: A college degree in a construction related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: Previous internship experience in a construction role with exposure to estimating is preferred for an Estimator I. Ten (10) years of construction estimating responsibility is required for the Senior Estimator level. Experience in a fast-paced environment, proven history of producing quality work products on time, accurately, completely, and in an organized fashion. A proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring others successfully.
- Skills: Independent judgment, business acumen, judgment, client relations, negotiation, decision making, conflict resolution, problem solving, effective internal and external communication, project management, team leadership, tact, adaptability and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Senior Estimator.
- Technology: Proficiency with operating systems and basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Employee must have experience with onscreen takeoffs and the ability to learn other specific software.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.