An innovative Architecture and Planning design firm in Los Angeles, California is immediately seeking an experienced, talented, and highly motivated Job Captain to join their team!
In this role, the Job Captain will be responsible for technical and construction document preparation/production. A key focus area for this position will entail commercial planning and design.
In this role, the Job Captain will be responsible for:
- Prepare a complete and accurate set of architectural documents, coordination of engineering contract documents and project manuals.
- Direct and coordinate the production team in the preparation of construction documents.
- Perform drawing documentation during all design phases.
- Organize projects and maintain a review of the technical documentation process through all phases.
- Coordinate construction documents incorporating material selections by others.
- Strong knowledge of architectural exterior and interior building systems (lighting, HVAC, structural, plumbing, fire protection and electrical design).
- Knowledgeable of relevant codes including IBC, CBC, ADA, and Title 24.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of project schedules and relevant construction costs.
- Coordinate the submission of documents and support construction administration (RFIs, shop drawings, submittals, etc.).
- Proficient with AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation.
- Understanding of project schedule, design fees, project budgets, reimbursable costs, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Building Code knowledge.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related degree.
- Licensed or actively pursuing registration preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team, Monique Marais, Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.