Architectural and Interior Project Manager
An industry-leading company located in Los Angeles, California is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Architectural and Interior Project Manager to join their team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Fiscal Management: managing projects within budget and fee.
- Responsible to update and maintain weekly and monthly reports to demonstrate project status: Fee forecast, Workload Forecast, and Weekly staffing reports.
- Contribute to AR/collections efforts as needed.
- Responsible to produce and/or supervise the production of all contract documentation within the portfolio of work according to firm protocols and timelines.
- Manage and monitor workflow and work process for assigned team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring as much as possible to develop and advance staff.
- Ability to track and monitor the status of project 40-60 projects at one time.
- Strive to provide consistent and excellent customer service to foster relationships and drive repeat business.
- Capable of developing schematic design budgets.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of architectural and interior planning, design, and construction.
- Knowledgeable of relevant design practices and materials, capable of preparing schematic layouts, overseeing the preparation of bid and construction documents, and construction administration.
- Knowledge of construction costs and capable of preparing analytic spreadsheet(s) of cost comparisons.
- Capable of developing complex feasibility studies, programming, and space requirement analysis.
- Understanding of all types of BOMA calculation concepts.
- Capable of developing space requirement analysis for all assigned projects.
- Knowledgeable of relevant codes including IBC, ADA, Title 24 and relevant building department jurisdictions and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant AIA documents.
- Analyze and process job billing for all projects managed, as required by the company. Management of overall project costs and professional design fees.
- Capable of developing schematic space plans based on programming requirements.
- Developing design concepts for architectural treatments, detailing, lighting, materials, and furnishings.
- Adept at client interaction and presentation.
- Capable of preparing and/or coordinating presentation materials including computer-generated, hand-drawn and photographic images.
- Knowledgeable of capabilities and materials of printing, graphic, and reprographics service providers.
- Adept at preparing Contracts, Proposals and Work Authorizations, and identifying assumptions, exclusions, and supplemental/additional services throughout the project.
- Capable of black-line hand sketching sufficient to communicate design concepts and intent.
- Knowledgeable of relevant lighting design practice, and capable of preparing schematic lighting layouts, overseeing the preparation of lighting construction documents and administration.
- Responsible for obtaining and negotiating consultant contracts and the overall project coordination with those consultants.
- Proactively works with staff, either individually or in groups, to provide a positive atmosphere for learning and professional growth.
- Maintain active database information related to projects.
- Active participation in staff reviews and formal evaluation.
- Capable of developing a set of working drawings without supervision or oversight.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Working knowledge in industry-standard word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), image editing (Photoshop or equal), scheduling (MS Project), page layout (Illustrator or equal), e-mail (Outlook), web browser (IE or equal), and file formatting (Acrobat) programs, as well as a working knowledge of AutoCAD Architectural Desktop sufficient to communicate ideas and direct staff.
- 10 years experience (both technical and supervisory) in the interiors/architectural field.
- Basic knowledge of LEED/Sustainability design concepts and certification process.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team, Elanza Loedolff, Monique Marais, Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.