An innovative design firm is immediately seeking a highly motivated Architectural Designer to join their team in Los Angeles, CA!
In this role, the Architectural Designer’s typical duties will include:
- Knowledge of fundamental aspects of interior planning and design.
- Working knowledge of staff and space programming.
- Knowledge of furnishings, architectural materials and construction costs.
- Working knowledge of local codes (including ADA, IBC, Title 24, and CBC codes).
- Capable of developing space plans with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Basic understanding of BOMA calculation concepts.
- Capable of developing basic furniture specifications and schematic installation drawings, including systems furniture.
- Capable of developing and presenting basic design concepts for architectural treatments, detailing, lighting, materials, and furnishings with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Basic black-line hand sketching sufficient to communicate design concepts and intent.
- Prepare CAD-generated architectural working drawings with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Review shop drawings and submittals.
- Capable of assisting in the preparation of presentation materials including computer-generated, hand-drawn and photographic images and the creation of material boards.
- Knowledgeable of capabilities and materials of printing, graphic, and reprographics service providers.
- Capable of leading field surveys and documentation of as-built conditions.
- Capable of leading furniture inventory and survey, and documentation of as-built conditions.
- Responsible for review and coordination of a complete construction document set before final review by the Project Manager.
- Basic awareness and understanding of project schedule, design fees, project budgets, reimbursable costs, etc.
- 6+ years of design experience in the architectural/interior field.
- MS Office, PhotoShop, MS Project, Illustrator, and AutoCAD Architectural Desktop.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team, Monique Marais, Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.