Fire Protection Engineer
An industry-leading company located in Los Angeles, CA is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Fire Protection Engineer to join their team.
Seeking a Fire Protection Engineer with at least five years of experience who is passionate about the fire protection engineering profession and looking for an environment that promotes professional growth.
The successful individual will have professional experience in providing consulting to clients in various aspects of fire protection engineering. Technical skills will include, but not limited to: automatic suppression system design and analysis; fire detection, alarm and communication system design and analysis; fire and life safety code analysis; egress analysis; fire resistant rated construction analysis; smoke control design and special inspections; as well as general fire protection and life safety concepts.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Approximate Base Salary – $90,000 – $120,000 annually
- Paid overtime at 1.0 times hourly rate
- Competitive end of year discretionary bonus based on company/team/personal performance
- Hybrid Work Schedule (subject to change)
- 401k with maximum of 5% Contribution Matching for 9% Employee Contribution
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from accredited college or university in Fire Protection Engineering, Fire Sciences, or related engineering field
- NICET level III / IV, EIT, or PE
- Minimum five years of experience in the fire protection engineering/consulting profession.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience coordinating with a multi-discipline design team
- Proficiency with Bluebeam, and AutoCAD and/or Revit, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience with CONTAM, fire dynamic simulation, Pathfinder, and/or other fire protection engineering modeling software
- Managing day-to-day contacts with internal and external clients utilizing experience and technology to meet expectations
- Attending and participating in local professional organizations, such as SFPE
- Performing building and fire code analysis and code interpretations
- Experience developing engineering judgements for code alternatives
- Have or be developing an “area of expertise” within fire protection engineering
- Experience designing fire protection systems including suppression systems, fire detection, alarm and communication systems and performing analysis of existing fire protection systems
- Possess project management skills for managing internal projects as well as external client needs
- Experience with Energy Storage Systems
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter, persistent, and follow through in a consistent manner
- Passionate about the client or pursuit and takes ownership of his/her work
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment (or demonstrate ability to develop such abilities)
- Possess strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical abilities (or demonstrate ability to develop such abilities).
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Basic understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and procedures and basic marketing principles
- Strong organizational ability; detail oriented; high degree of accuracy
- Must work well under pressure
- Positive contributor to overall office and department goals, culture, and morale
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to provide peer reviews of colleagues’ work product
- Ability to work with counterparts in other offices to share workload when required
- A positive, can-do attitude
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.