Project and Lab Manager
An industry-leading company located in Los Angeles County/Orange County, California is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Project and Lab Manager to join their team.
In this role, the Project and Lab Manager will be responsible for overseeing laboratory testing of various aggregate, asphalt, concrete, masonry and soil samples according to applicable standards and specifications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Effective communication skills and strong attention to detail
- A professional understanding of ASTM, ISO, CCRL AMRL, AASHTO and Caltrans, DSA and LADBS
- A professional understanding of mathematics and equations involving ASTM test methods
- Capable of working independently and effectively handling multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
- Responsible for managing and maintaining ISO17025, CCRL, AMRL & Caltrans, LADBS, DSA certification programs
- Manage, update, and maintain QC Manuals and Safety Program
- Assist with managing and maintaining the laboratory budget
- Overseeing soils and ASTM-related testing
- Review and certify Laboratory results
- Perform internal and external submittal review
- Perform Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) duties and Maintain records for regulatory compliance for soil nuclear density gauges
- Overseeing the construction phase portion of geotechnical projects
- Prepare compaction and grading reports for geotechnical construction projects
- Support other offices with responses to contractor’s requests for information, oversight of budgets, managing clients and preparation of inspection closeout reports, as needed
- Support preliminary and design phase geotechnical projects, as needed
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Education & Certifications:
- Registration as a California Professional Engineer (PE), required
- Experienced in the Management of a CMT laboratory
- Caltrans Certifications in soils and concrete, a plus
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.