Survey Crew Chief
An industry-leading company located in Beltsville, Maryland is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Survey Crew Chief to join their team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees the day-to-day Field Crew operations to provide field data for boundary surveys, topographical and construction stakeout surveys
- Oversees and trains individuals to operate a total station, level, GPS and data collectors for use in the collection field of survey data
- Establishes and sets points on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, waterline, structures, etc.)
- Conducts daily maintenance and up-keep of instruments
- Provides clear and concise field notes including sketches
- Oversees the maintenance of survey equipment, supplies and vehicle
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be willing to work independently on occasion
- Five (5) years of field survey experience
- Experience with Leica Robotic Total Stations, Data Collectors and GPS preferred
- Experience with DOT transportation surveying a plus
- Ability to collect field data in an organized, neat and professional manner for various boundary, topographic, design and construction staking projects
- The ability to compute, process and map field data will provide the right candidate with opportunity and advancement
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record required
Education & Certifications:
- High school diploma/GED
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying preferred but not required
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.