Mechanical Engineer or Designer
An industry-leading company located in Kansas City, MO is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Mechanical Engineer or Designer to join their team.
Responsible for designing building mechanical systems for prototype and non-prototype projects across multiple industries including commercial, retail, education, restaurant, and entertainment service industries:
Specific tasks include:
- Assesses existing or new project conditions and the application of this information in the design.
- Participates in selecting mechanical system types and sizes, hydronic system design with assistance, basic control system design.
- Matches and selects HVAC equipment for projects more complicated than packaged unitary equipment.
- Communicates with design team members, Project Managers, and clients for coordination of design criteria as well as communication with landlord, outside consultants, and authority-having-jurisdiction regarding code requirements and review comments.
- Mentors other design personnel and work independently with no supervision other than co-design.
- Performs cost estimation, specification writing, energy analysis calculations and psychrometric analyses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience is required.
- PE License preferred
- Previous experience in commercial MEP design such as retail, restaurant, education and entertainment industry projects is preferred.
- Revit and AutoCAD proficiency is required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of energy/mechanical codes and ASHRAE standards
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of building structures, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and how they interact
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team, Monique Marais, Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.