Motivated Tax Manager
Hire Resolve has a fast-growing CPA firm in South Tampa, who is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Tax Manager to manage, train, and mentor their tax staff. The successful candidate would be responsible for reviewing and signing tax returns, training, mentoring staff members, and providing high-quality tax services to their clients.
The CPA company specializes in helping small to midsize companies with their tax, accounting, and payroll needs. They provide a friendly and enjoyable experience for their clients by providing the same environment for their staff, and team approach offers endless opportunities to learn, collaborate, mentor, and train on a wide variety of client services.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses using Drake Tax software
- Review and sign tax returns such as 1040, 1065, 1120, 1120-S, 1041, 990 for accuracy
- Prepare or assist with tax planning, consulting, or other special projects as needed by their clients
- Help clients by using their federal, state, and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government
- Uncover potential deductions and credits the client isn’t aware of
- Advise against potential tax liabilities
- Manage, train, and develop tax staff
- Answer all client questions and review comments provided by a partner or client
- Recommend additional products and services their firm offers
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 5+ years of tax preparation experience required
- Drake Tax and QuickBooks Online experience is preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- CPA license required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Qualified applicants must be self-starters and computer literate
- Flexible to work nights and weekends as necessary during tax season
- Attention to detail
- A flexible schedule and work/life balance.
- Many career growth opportunities within their firm.
- Collaboration with team members on a daily basis.
- Communication and building relationships with clients.
- CPE provided by the firm.
- Positive work environment/culture, friendly, making work as fun as possible.
- Open door policy for questions.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Financialcareers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.