Civil Designer II
A leading civil engineering and landscape architecture firm is immediately seeking a highly motivated Civil Designer II to join their team in Mount Pleasant, SC!
In this role, the Civil Designer II will have:
- Work to develop client contact skills.
- Work to develop the understanding and knowledge of civil.
- Contributes and support the engineering team in master planning, engineering design, and research for specific task on projects.
- Perform complete quantity take-offs and cost estimates of designs.
- Assist engineers and project managers in the analysis of proposed and current projects.
- Prepare civil design drawings under the direction of senior engineering staff.
- Perform hydraulic system calculations, pipe design calculations and engineering reports (Drainage Report, Water Calc
- Reports, and project narratives.
- Prepare Comment Response Letter for agency resubmittals.
- Attend pre-construction meetings and site visits with senior CA personnel.
- Work to expand experience in witnessing installation, testing and inspections of site infrastructure systems (sewer/water system testing, proof rolls, SWPP inspections, etc.).
- Review and comment on Shop Drawings and Materials submittals on projects.
- Perform construction observations & field reports.
- 2+ years’ experience
- Experience with drafting using AutoCAD
- Experience in Microsoft suite
- Working knowledge of design software (ICPR, WaterCAD, Civil 3D, SEDCAD, HEC-RAS, Hydraflow Express, Storm Sewers, MicroStation, Geopak, InRoads, IDEAL model)
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s or associates degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification preferred not required
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team, Monique Marais, Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.