An industry-leading company located in Oakland, CA is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Resident Engineer to join their team.
- Work as lead Construction Management resource to coordinate and oversee the development and construction of transportation projects.
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders such as contractors on concurrent contracts, etc. and apply appropriate communication techniques to achieve project objectives.
- Drive resolution and oversight of design issues, daily reports, change orders, preventing or negotiating claims, and preparation of monthly progress estimates.
- Effectively supervise field inspectors, office engineers, materials testing, and surveying subcontractors
- Coordinate utility relocations and building inspections.
- Process and track submittal reviews with the design team and owner.
- Prepare and coordinate surveying requests, contracts, construction documentation, progress meetings, quantity estimates, change orders and avoidance/resolution of claims in accordance with client manuals.
- Collaborate with public figures or personally address media as allowed by contract specifications to inspire community support and promote a safe work environment.
- Develop, prepare and present reports, proposals, memos and community outreach documentation.
- Monitor and construct project budgets.
- Perform other duties as needed
The Day-to-Day Behaviors of the Role
- Have genuine care about people; always available and ready to help.
- Problem-solver — you identify the issue, engage others in collaborative solutions, and handle issues promptly and appropriately.
- You take pride in meeting goals, and expectations and reaching excellence and accuracy at work.
- You can be counted on to hold things together during tough times.
- A history of making good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Willing to assist in other areas as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Structural Engineering from an ABET College (desirable) or Construction Management
- A minimum of 10 years of construction project experience leading standalone construction management teams on medium and large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Construction experience with roads, bridges, transit lines (bus or rail) airports, or major existing operating commercial buildings. Caltrans experience desired.
- Previous experience with public utilities construction manuals, Caltrans’ Construction Manual a plus.
- Licensed as a professional engineer required.
- Must be proactive, organized, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Always curious and always learning
Technical Tools Used in the Project:
- Microsoft Office, Prolog (basic), Wong CMS, MS. Office Suite, MS Project, Bluebeam, Timberline and Primavera Schedule Software (desirable)
What We Offer:
- An environment that values your work, volunteerism and relevant professional organizations’ engagement
- A team that invests in your development and your community commitments
- Opportunity to shape the future of construction management
- A strong commitment to wellness
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.