An industry-leading company located in Oakland, CA is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Resident Engineer to join their team.
- Work as lead Construction Management resource to coordinate and oversee the development and construction of transportation projects.
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders such as contractors on concurrent contracts, etc. and apply appropriate communication techniques to achieve project objectives.
- Drive resolution and oversight of design issues, daily reports, change orders, preventing or negotiating claims, and preparation of monthly progress estimates.
- Effectively supervise field inspectors, office engineers, materials testing, and surveying subcontractors
- Coordinate utility relocations and building inspections.
- Process and track submittal reviews with the design team and owner.
- Prepare and coordinate surveying requests, contracts, construction documentation, progress meetings, quantity estimates, change orders and avoidance/resolution of claims in accordance with client manuals.
- Collaborate with public figures or personally address media as allowed by contract specifications to inspire community support and promote a safe work environment.
- Develop, prepare and present reports, proposals, memos and community outreach documentation.
- Monitor and construct project budgets.
- Perform other duties as needed
The Day-to-Day Behaviors of the Role
- Have genuine care about people; always available and ready to help.
- Problem-solver — you identify the issue, engage others in collaborative solutions, and handle issues promptly and appropriately.
- You take pride in meeting goals, and expectations and reaching excellence and accuracy at work.
- You can be counted on to hold things together during tough times.
- A history of making good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Willing to assist in other areas as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Structural Engineering from an ABET College (desirable) or Construction Management
- A minimum of 10 years of construction project experience leading standalone construction management teams on medium and large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Construction experience with roads, bridges, transit lines (bus or rail) airports, or major existing operating commercial buildings. Caltrans experience desired.
- Previous experience with public utilities construction manuals, Caltrans’ Construction Manual a plus.
- Licensed as a professional engineer required.
- Must be proactive, organized, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Always curious and always learning
Technical Tools Used in the Project:
- Microsoft Office, Prolog (basic), Wong CMS, MS. Office Suite, MS Project, Bluebeam, Timberline and Primavera Schedule Software (desirable)
What We Offer:
- An environment that values your work, volunteerism and relevant professional organizations’ engagement
- A team that invests in your development and your community commitments
- Opportunity to shape the future of construction management
- A strong commitment to wellness
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team, Monique Marais, Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.