An industry-leading company located in Columbus, Ohio is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Civil Engineer to join their team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A BS in Civil Engineering is required
- 5+ years of civil engineering experience
- PE License required
- Proficiency with computer-based design tools (AutoCAD, GIS, REVIT)
- Familiarity with industry standards of design
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Sound time management skills
- Self-motivated with strong desire to advance
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the work of drafting personnel, technicians or other engineers on technical matters pertinent to project assignments and mentoring junior staff members.
- Work toward keeping current tasks within schedule and budget to fit the needs of the project.
- Provide input and coordination with other Departments.
- Provide data, as required, for cost estimating and secure preliminary equipment costs for review.
- Investigate new methods and implement new ideas and/or procedures as may be advantageous to the Company and clients.
- Implement strategies to identify and obtain repeat work for Core, Intermittent, and Private Clients while beginning to develop business development and selling skills
- Direct other engineers and technicians on assigned tasks and review and evaluate their results; may be responsible for presentation and delivery of final reports to clients.
- Maintain and utilize working knowledge of accepted engineering design standards and practices in the execution of design work that will meet the clients’ needs and conform to Company standards.
- Prepare design calculations, design drawings and specifications necessary for most economical method of construction; or prepare feasibility studies.
- Maintain complete project records and documentation according to company standards.
- May be designated by a Market Leader as a Project Manager Trainee.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.