Recently we have had the privilege of partnering with a renowned CPA firm, located in Phoenix, AZ which is looking for an Actuarial Analyst to conduct complex risk analyses and predict the outcome of potential investments in their diverse team. As an Actuary, you’ll create statistical models by running financial projections (Plan, AAT, RBC) for fixed products to calculate the likelihood of growth and long-term success and present findings in detailed reports.
Naturally, we are seeking applicants who have a flair for mathematics and are analytical in their approach. Ultimately, you’ll assist the business in determining the most profitable investments, whilst minimizing financial risk.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Ensure model results are accurate and timely
- Implement data and assumption controls and process improvements
- Support the quantitative analysis of model output and enhance reporting capabilities
- Escalate modelling issues and submit requests through appropriate channels
- Demonstrate an organized, consistent, and streamlined approach to producing output
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and other special projects, as required
- Assist testing and modelling enhancements and modifications validation
- Documents and maintains the actuarial procedures and backup calculations
- Improves & maintains data integrity
- Conduct risk assessments
- Build predictive models to accurately analyse potential outcomes
- Compare actual ROIs with forecasts
- Follows & updates industry trends, market conditions, and competitor information
- Uses power BI to develop management reports that are used to monitor KPIs
- Monitor market trends and identify opportunities for new investments and funds
- Develop guides and policies on how to avoid high-risk investments and the losses associated with them
Should you meet the below requirements, don’t hesitate in applying:
- Pursuing or successfully holding a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, management science, actuarial science, or related field
- Strong technical and computer skills, with knowledge of Excel, R, Python, SAS and SQL preferred
- 2+ years of experience with a commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation, as demonstrated by having passed at least one SOA or Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) exam
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Financialcareers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.