An industry-leading company located in Phoenix, AZ is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Tax Staff Accountant to join their team.
In this role, the Tax Staff Accountant will be a detail-oriented tax professional to join the next generation of leaders. The staff accountants are entry level associates with an educational background in accounting, financial statement preparation, tax preparation, and tax law. They report to the firm’s tax supervisors and managers.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, and other tax requirements
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems
- Current on business, accounting, and tax developments
- Identify areas for improvement and provide solutions that help firm and team be more effective and efficient
- Adhere to engagement specific budgets and minimize impact of budget overages.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s in accounting or other relevant field required
- Knowledge of tax software, including GoFileRoom, Ultra Tax, Fixed Assets, and other related products
- Display progress toward receiving Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Meals during spring tax season and fall tax deadlines
- Company events and activities
- Post tax season trips
- Las Vegas, Disneyland, Sea World, Grand Canyon, etc.
- Responsible Time Off (RTO), sick leave, and paid holidays
- Insurance: health, dental, vision, group life
- 401(K) and Defined Compensation Plan
- Section 125 Plan
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Bonuses and other incentives
- Casual work attire
- Hybrid workplace
- Professional and civic dues/involvement
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Financialcareers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.