A leading MEP engineering solutions firm is immediately seeking a highly motivated Plumbing Designer to join their team in Kansas City, MO!
The Plumbing Designer’s duties will include:
- Designs plumbing systems for all retail establishment types, small schools (elementary and middle), restaurants, and small office buildings less than 75,000 sq. ft. and under five (5) floors.
- Participates in the selection process for basic plumbing systems.
- Performs calculations using procedures described in ASPE Handbooks and recognized software suites.
- Selects plumbing systems and sizing.
- Draws layout and organization.
- Communicates professionally with landlords, outside consultants and authority-having-jurisdiction regarding code review comments.
- Along with the Project Manager and other members of the design team, communicates directly with the owner or client regarding plumbing design issues.
- Gains a deeper knowledge of plumbing codes and fire codes as they apply to larger commercial projects.
- Works independently with minimal supervision, and mentor Designer I / Engineer I personnel through co-design.
- Assists with engineer’s cost estimation.
- Participates in project Premieres, retrospectives, and continuous improvement activities.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals.
- Interprets and applies codes to system design and calculations.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant design experience within the plumbing design discipline
- Previous experience in commercial MEP design such as retail, restaurant, education and entertainment industry projects are preferred.
- Revit and AutoCAD proficiency is required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of Plumbing Codes as well as local codes and amendments
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of building structures, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and how they interact
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience is required.
- PE License preferred
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.