Project Manager – Los Angeles
An industry-leading company based in California is looking for the expertise of an experienced Project Manager to join their team of professionals
- Pursue new projects with current clients. Work to establish a strong, positive reputation so that current clients will recommend and refer new clients.
- Participate actively in the client community to develop a network of contacts, build the firm’s image and to identify leads for new business.
- Maintain regular contact with assigned clients through direct calls, meetings, and/or written reports to communicate progress, resolve problems, and to assure client satisfaction with the work.
- Resolve any technical, scheduling, billing, staffing, and/or quality issues that have been raised by the client
- Prepare the project cost estimate and conduct the contract negotiation with current clients. Follow firm wide guidelines for client agreement on fees, scope, schedule, and conditions. Determine contract language and prepare work plans for final approval by an officer.
- Prepare work plan, set the schedule, establish the budget, and organize the execution of the project. Schedule and lead project meetings to set up job and review progress.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for all project work. Establish design controls, constraints, and criteria for project staff. Regularly checks the work to assure the work is executed properly and effectively.
- Develop the technical and administrative skills of subordinates so that projects are run efficiently and available resources are utilized in an optimum way. Conduct regular meetings to discuss current performance on jobs and to address problems as they arise.
- Encourage professionalism by sponsoring and participating in continuing education programs and being active in professional associations.
- Contribute to the short-term planning process for the office. Identifies capital equipment needs for the project team and assigns resources in the most effective and cost efficient way.
- Education: B.S. degree in civil engineering, surveying, or planning.
- Licensure: Requires California registration as a Civil Engineer or Land Surveyor to manage civil engineering or land surveying projects. An exemption may be allowed with registration in other States or an additional five (5) years of work experience.
- Experience: At least ten (10) years of professional level experience, with progressively responsible positions covering a full range of assignments in either civil engineering, land surveying, or planning.
- Skills/Job Knowledge: Must have knowledge of project management methods, contract management, project scheduling and reporting, budget control, proposal writing, communications and human resources management.
- Computer Skills: Familiarity with computer software for budgeting and scheduling. Also, knowledge of computer aided design and drafting is important.
- Level of Supervision: This is the first level assigned management position for client projects. Group is generally made up of 3 to 10 employees in both technical and support positions. A project manager reports to either a senior project manager or an officer.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.