Senior Environmental Engineer II
An industry-leading company located in Orange County | Roseville | San Diego, CA is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Environmental Engineer II to join their team.
- Prepare/write comprehensive technical reports and documents (watershed management plans, annual reports, non-stormwater discharge source assessments, adaptive management plans, compliance guidance documents, compliance reports, rain and sampling event summary reports, SWPPPs, WQMPs, etc.).
- Use knowledge of NPDES permits and its applicability to public agencies to meet compliance goals for municipalities and other government agencies.
- Develop and implement monitoring and reporting plans and field studies.
- Perform regulatory and water quality data analyses.
- Inspect construction, industrial and municipal facilities and programs to ensure compliance with environmental regulations
- Conduct environmental sampling, testing, and observations (primarily surface water, stormwater, wastewater, groundwater, along with soils and sediments) in open and confined space environments.
- Make field observations and perform data measurement and collection assignments.
- Data management and analysis (compilation, manipulation, and evaluation of data).
- Perform maintenance and calibration of environmental monitoring instruments, meters, probes, and automated sampling equipment
- Train staff on the use of field equipment and sampling/inspection techniques.
- Develop/conduct presentations about compliance, inspection, sampling, and analyses.
- Conduct plan check reviews.
- Interface with different regulatory agencies, prepare needed documentation, schedule required testing, and provide any necessary, additional follow-up documentation.
- Keep abreast of current techniques, policies and technology in environmental science.
- MS in Environmental Engineering.
- California Professional Engineer (PE) License.
- CASQA Construction General Permit Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSD).
- CPR Certification.
- Certified in the use of respiratory systems for low-oxygen/confined space environments.
- Valid California Driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Knowledge of stormwater permitting (California Specific), planning, and design surface water hydrology/hydraulics analysis; water quality monitoring; and BMPs.
- Able to read, interpret, and analyze engineering plans, technical manuals, and permits
- Proficient in ArcGIS, Remote Sensing, GPS, HEC-HMS/RAS, and AutoCAD Civil3D software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.