Senior Remediation / Environmental Engineer
A leading company currently looking for a Senior Remediation / Environmental Engineer to join their team in Seattle, Washington offices.
Core job responsibilities will include working with the company’s technical teams to support a broad range of projects that reflect the company’s core practices in contaminated site investigation and remediation, environmental due diligence, litigation support, and regulatory coordination. Work is often fast-paced and requires a commitment to both quality and client service.
Minimum qualifications for the positions are:
- ABET certified Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental engineering.
- Professionally licensed in Washington, P.E.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in environmental consulting, including planning and performing site investigations, design and operation of remediation systems in Washington State including air-sparge, soil vapor extraction, multi-phase extraction, in-situ remediation, mass excavation, and implementation of engineering controls.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams, both internal and external, to perform cleanup actions with varying degrees of complexity and/or overall scope.
- Well-versed working knowledge of applicable environmental regulations and guidance including at a minimum MTCA, RCRA, and CERCLA.
- Permitting experience including procurement of NPDES and KCIW discharge permits.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to independently prepare proposals, summary reports, and formal cleanup documentation including Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study reports, Cleanup Action Plans, and Cleanup Action Reports.
- CADD and engineering design plan preparation experience.
- Ability to work with Farallon’s team of scientists and engineers on business development objectives.
- Availability to travel as required for the project and business development-related work (no more than 20 percent time).
- Commitment to safety, including working knowledge of State and Federal health and safety requirements.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience communicating with Local, State, and Federal regulators.
- Familiarity with GIS, data management, and laboratory analytical procedures.
- Previous experience with independent cleanups and closure through the Voluntary Cleanup Program.
- Other specialized engineering design knowledge including PFAS cleanup experience, air-compliance and emissions control experience, or sediment cleanup experience.
- Existing client relationships.
- Flexible Work Location
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.