Senior Water Resources Engineer
An industry-leading company located in Denver, CO is immediately seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Water Resources Engineer to join their team.
- Senior Water Resources Engineer (10+ years of experience). The successful applicant will become part of a dynamic water resources engineering team that works predominantly in the mining and hydropower industries. This position will focus on surface water-related technical analyses and modeling, including water balance and dam breach studies. The applicant must have the ambition to expand the scope of his/her current expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply and present a demonstrated knowledge of the mining, hydropower, and dams industries.
- Apply and present a demonstrated knowledge of water resources and civil engineering to develop safe, economical, and innovative solutions to water management issues.
- Participate as a productive and valued member of larger teams, including the internal Water Resources and Environmental Group, project-specific, and external client teams.
- Complete surface water-related technical analyses and modeling; including, but not limited to, climatic, hydrologic, hydraulic, sediment yield and transport, water balance, and dam breach evaluations. A robust understanding of, and personal experience with, the following software packages is required – FLO-2D, RiverFlow2D, GoldSim, HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS.
- Direct, oversee, and review technical analyses, calculations, and modeling by less experienced staff.
- Be responsible for the development of civil designs of water management infrastructure.
- Conduct technical and proposal writing and document preparation.
- Conduct site visits for inspections and meetings. This will include travel to domestic and international destinations.
- Assist management with the company’s marketing efforts, including maintaining existing clients and developing new clients through a team approach that is focused on networking and business development initiatives. Investigate, assess, and assist in securing work assignments.
An Ideal Candidate:
- A Senior Water Resources Engineer with robust experience in the surface water related aspects of Water Resources and, specifically, mine water balance and dam breach studies; a B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Civil Engineering; Professional Engineer registration (or eligibility for registration); and 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- A robust understanding of, and personal experience with, the following software packages is required at a minimum – FLO-2D, RiverFlow2D, and GoldSim.
- A strong ability to analyze and model complex systems then document and present the information in an organized, inclusive, and concise manner.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team, Monique Marais, Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.