Senior Electrical Engineer
A leading firm offering speciality services in architectural, mechanical, and electrical engineering and consulting services in both the public and private sectors is immediately seeking a highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team in Somerville, NJ!
- Design electrical power systems, interior and exterior lighting, security (CCTV), and fire alarm systems related to municipal, commercial, and industrial projects for both new construction and renovation.
- Electrical design skills.
- Perform electrical design code review.
- Electrical short circuit calculations, voltage drop calculations, load calculations, and conductor / raceway sizing.
- Electrical equipment selections.
- Layout and design of electrical systems in AutoCAD.
- Work directly and coordinate with Building Department officials as may be required for plan approval.
- Coordinate with electrical utility companies as may be required to coordinate new services and upgrade existing electrical services.
- As the technical lead: perform site visits, attend site meetings, and punch lists.
- Review shop drawings and attend meetings with contractors.
- Contribute to electrical team projects and review junior design work for accuracy.
- Subject matter expert: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing vendor networks.
- Design lighting fixture layouts, fixture specifications, schedules, and lighting controls.
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- Experience with HVAC coordination a plus.
- Experience in designing and developing Electrical projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations, specifications, size, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical and building codes and standards.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- PE or EIT Preferred.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.