Senior Electrical Engineer
A leading firm offering speciality services in architectural, mechanical, and electrical engineering and consulting services in both the public and private sectors is immediately seeking a highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team in Somerville, NJ!
- Design electrical power systems, interior and exterior lighting, security (CCTV), and fire alarm systems related to municipal, commercial, and industrial projects for both new construction and renovation.
- Electrical design skills.
- Perform electrical design code review.
- Electrical short circuit calculations, voltage drop calculations, load calculations, and conductor / raceway sizing.
- Electrical equipment selections.
- Layout and design of electrical systems in AutoCAD.
- Work directly and coordinate with Building Department officials as may be required for plan approval.
- Coordinate with electrical utility companies as may be required to coordinate new services and upgrade existing electrical services.
- As the technical lead: perform site visits, attend site meetings, and punch lists.
- Review shop drawings and attend meetings with contractors.
- Contribute to electrical team projects and review junior design work for accuracy.
- Subject matter expert: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing vendor networks.
- Design lighting fixture layouts, fixture specifications, schedules, and lighting controls.
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- Experience with HVAC coordination a plus.
- Experience in designing and developing Electrical projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations, specifications, size, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical and building codes and standards.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- PE or EIT Preferred.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team, Monique Marais, Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.