We are looking for a structural engineer to oversee our construction projects. You’ll ensure that structures are safe and strong. As a structural engineer, you’ll spend time both in our office – designing and planning project details – and on-site where you’ll provide technical advice to construction workers.
To succeed in this role, you should have hands-on experience using several construction methods and materials and advanced knowledge of AutoCAD. Project management and analytical skills are also very important.
- This role will be responsible for the execution of structural design projects in a variety of markets by performing design, coordination and documentation tasks
- Create structural models by using computer-aided design software
- Perform a wide range of structural engineering analysis and design tasks for structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and wood/timber bridges, transit facilities/stations, retaining walls, and waterfront structures
- Follow construction safety guidelines
- Choose appropriate materials based on structural specifications
- Monitor on-site construction processes and supervise construction workers
- Provide responses and solutions to issues during the construction administration phase of projects
- Prepare and allocate budgets
- Track and report on project progress
- Collaborate with contractors and project managers
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Structural Engineer or similar field
- Excellent knowledge of construction methods and regulations
- Work with a team of multi-disciplined (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of construction plans and specifications for water and wastewater treatment plant projects
- Hands-on experience with AutoCAD
- Data-driven mindset with excellent mathematical skills
- Good communication ability (both written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil or structural engineering
- FE/EIT Certification is required
- Member of the Institute of Structural Engineering
Locations: New York, Kentucky, Oregon, Minnesota, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Colorado, Alaska, Washington, Utah, Oklahoma, Alabama, Arizona, Illinois, Georgia, and Texas
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.