We are looking for a structural engineer to oversee our construction projects. You’ll ensure that structures are safe and strong. As a structural engineer, you’ll spend time both in our office – designing and planning project details – and on-site where you’ll provide technical advice to construction workers.
To succeed in this role, you should have hands-on experience using several construction methods and materials and advanced knowledge of AutoCAD. Project management and analytical skills are also very important.
- This role will be responsible for the execution of structural design projects in a variety of markets by performing design, coordination and documentation tasks
- Create structural models by using computer-aided design software
- Perform a wide range of structural engineering analysis and design tasks for structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and wood/timber bridges, transit facilities/stations, retaining walls, and waterfront structures
- Follow construction safety guidelines
- Choose appropriate materials based on structural specifications
- Monitor on-site construction processes and supervise construction workers
- Provide responses and solutions to issues during the construction administration phase of projects
- Prepare and allocate budgets
- Track and report on project progress
- Collaborate with contractors and project managers
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Structural Engineer or similar field
- Excellent knowledge of construction methods and regulations
- Work with a team of multi-disciplined (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of construction plans and specifications for water and wastewater treatment plant projects
- Hands-on experience with AutoCAD
- Data-driven mindset with excellent mathematical skills
- Good communication ability (both written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil or structural engineering
- FE/EIT Certification is required
- Member of the Institute of Structural Engineering
Locations: New York, Kentucky, Oregon, Minnesota, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Colorado, Alaska, Washington, Utah, Oklahoma, Alabama, Arizona, Illinois, Georgia, and Texas
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with the Engineering team, Monique Marais, Kerrin Watson or Kerryn Bland on LinkedIn.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.