Survey Party Chief
A multi-faceted Civil Engineering and Land Surveying firm is immediately seeking a highly motivated Survey Party Chief to join their team in Fort Worth, TX!
The Survey Party Chief’s Responsibilities will include:
- Collecting survey field data in accordance with established procedures, codes & the requirements specified in individual survey requests.
- Performing hard physical labor such as cutting & clearing brush lines, driving stakes in the ground, crossing difficult terrain (including creeks, steep slopes, thick underbrush, etc.), and setting iron rods for property corners.
- Unloading and organizing supplies.
- Stocking work trucks with the necessary supplies and equipment to perform the daily duties.
- Carrying heavy equipment & supplies, and setting-up tripods & equipment in the field.
- Cleaning & upkeep of survey equipment and vehicles.
- Organizing and scheduling work to accomplish goals on projects within established budgets and timelines.
- Coordination with engineers and other survey team members.
- Supervising and leading other members of a survey crew in a professional and technical manner.
- Preparing survey notes & field sketches of pertinent information from topographic, boundary and construction staking survey work.
- Assisting with the analysis and preparation of boundary surveys, right-of-way exhibits and field notes, subdivision plats and other related documents in support of Survey Technicians, S.I.T. and/or R.P.L.S.
- Preparing daily reports.
- Obtain FAA Part 107 Remote Pilots License within 2 years of employment.
- Other duties & assignments as directed, including assistance and support of Subsurface Utility Engineering team, as needed.
- 5 years of similar survey field experience required with at least 3 years of Party Chief experience preferred.
- TxDOT experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Trimble data collectors, robotic/scanning total stations and GPS equipment preferred.
- Ability to read and understand design/construction plans, as well as metes & bounds descriptions from deeds and other legal documents.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and implement new standards and survey procedures.
- Commitment to quality in the collection, preparation, and presentation of survey data.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to verbal instruction and direction.
- Knowledge of and experience with line coding.
- Demonstrated ability in performance of boundary surveys, topographic design surveys and construction staking/layout.
- High School graduate or GED required.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your resume to Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.